Flow

Welcome to the Flow Feedback forum. We’d like to hear your feedback and ideas about how to improve Flow. Post, browse, and vote on ideas and suggestions that are important to you.

Please report any bugs or errors you run into at our Support Center.

How could we improve Flow?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Move groups between teams

We are using the group feature to group smaller projects that belong to a bigger, umbrella project. We initially started with several teams, but ended up having to do a lot of work to move our groups from those extra teams back to one team as we found that moving tasks between teams wasn't possible. The ability to move and duplicate an entire group to a new team would be very helpful! Thank you!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Out of date info

Since it's a web app (yay for accessibility.. boo for everything else), I often find that when I switch back to it's tab it's now out of date. Most confusing the next morning, when the calendar is off by a day. Usually has be planning an easy day because I'm ahead of schedule and ends with a panic.

Auto refresh on a 3600s timeout? Please?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show parent task name in sub-task notifications.

We often use sub-tasks to just list steps in a common process like: proofread article, make final revisions, review video, etc.

When notifications for these sub-tasks come up there isn't any detail about the parent task, so it's hard to understand context. This forces us to rename all sub-tasks with redundant info from the parent task - otherwise staff have to click every single notification just to determine context. I'm hoping you can change it so notifications include a reference to the parent task to avoid this redundancy.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide Video Collaboration Support

It would be great if flow allowed team members to do video and/or audio conferencing with each other

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded

It would! Judging by the difficulty that many companies have faced building a solution for video and audio conferencing, the likely solution here would be for us to integrate with a third party product.

5. Pricing model

Pricing seems a bit ridiculous . If it is a pay per user pricing model and the "tiered" levels are 3 and 5 and I have 2 or 4 people I am forced to pay for an extra person? Rethink this or you will continue to lose new startups to other tools.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Completely hide the "Add a project description" section

The "Add a project description" is taking a lot of space and is unnecessary for me. On the web version you can "Hide details" but it only slides to the left. On the mac app the "Hide details" doesn't work at all. Suggestion: Hide completely that section.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! If you haven’t already, we encourage you to check out the new Flow Beta – we’ve made a change to project descriptions there to completely hide them and keep them hidden :) If you’re interested in trying out the beta, instructions on how to become a beta user are here: https://www.getflow.com/support/account/flow-beta and instructions on how to see the new Flow and a quick overview of what has changed can be found here: https://www.getflow.com/guides/new-flow-beta

7. Repeating tasks based on completion date

It would be nice to have the ability to have a task repeat xx days/weeks/months *after* completion rather than every xx days.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Forget This "Edit" and "Save" Business!

The right hand column should be immediately ready to edit your tasks without clicking "edit" and "save" once you're finished. It's a waste of time. If I click on a task to twirl out the right column, it's because I'm already prepared to make an edit or add a comment. "save" is silly to me because this is not some long text document which I can accidentally loose - I'm switching subscribers! If I accidentally to the wrong person its an easy fix. Thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Comment Read Receipts

It would be nice to know who has seen my entry, just like Facebook allows administrators to be able to see who has seen the story.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to delete dashboard activity

Ex: when I tweak names of tasks, for example, I don't want that cluttering up my activity history. Option to delete these from dashboard history so it's less cluttered and items remain relatively equal in importance.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  Luke Seeley responded

We will not allow people to tamper with task, list, and workspace activity feeds, but may play with different activity views on the Dashboard, including searching and filtering.

11. Offset Projects under Groups

Is it possible to offset the projects underneath the groups? It would make it easier to look at. At the moment, when groups are expanded, the projects within it are aligned with the group itself, making it hard to differentiate all the items on the projects sidebar (and only being able to use the expanded icon to be able to tell). Attached a file with what I’m talking about. Thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Task Time to Complete

- Give Tasks "Hours". (eg. 4 hours to complete).
    - Custom Configuration setting for "How many work hours in a day": 8 hours

When the total number of hours of the tasks in each day are over the configured limit, the day is flagged as over capacity

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Vocal memo

It would be super to add the possibility of attaching vocal memo in a note or even as a comment... When you work a lot on a mobile sometimes few seconds of audio save many minutes of typing on a cellphone... as well as on a computer if you have to describe something more technical it saves a lot of time...

Thank you for considering this idea :)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Project comments

Hi, it should be possible to comment on entire projects, not only on single tasks.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Trigger a flow when an email is sent to an Office 365 group mailbox

Trigger a flow when an email is sent to an Office 365 group mailbox.

This will be helpful to:
    - Save attachments sent to a group to team document library or one drive (something like incoming emails on SharePoint on prem)
    - Automate creation of events based on email sent to a group mailbox

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Custom views for Guest users are not in the books. We’ll continue to watch this though.

17. Attachment icon in task

Show an attachment icon similar to the link icon or tag icon when an attachment is included with a task.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Section timelines

I would love to have timelines applicable to Sections within a project so that i can utilize them as milestones.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mark a Project as Completed

It would be nice if you could tick a project as 'completed'. Archive doesn't really make sense.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Custom Domain

As a company we should have the ability to create our own custom mapping for flow.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. Beyond the team URL we provide you, there aren’t plans to allow for custom domains quite yet.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base