Flow

Welcome to the Flow Feedback forum. We’d like to hear your feedback and ideas about how to improve Flow. Post, browse, and vote on ideas and suggestions that are important to you.

Please report any bugs or errors you run into at our Support Center.

How could we improve Flow?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Custom Domain

As a company we should have the ability to create our own custom mapping for flow.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded

Thanks for the suggestion. Beyond the team URL we provide you, there aren’t plans to allow for custom domains quite yet.

2. Make Slack useful, period, by not having to tag team or project as required parameters

Currently, to me slack integration is pointless. Or at least project linking. Sure I can get updates on progress, but only one way. I cannot send information to flow without knowing all kinds of information I'd need from the front-end UI anyways. So im just wasting time since there is no way Ill remember project name exactly.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Evernote Integration

Integration with Evernote
    We use Evernote a lot, but the reason we use Flow for tasks rather than Evernote is the delegation and task notification system.
    Often, there will be a project that we will be working on that has extensive or related notes. At the moment we can copy the URL from Evernote to paste into the task - but it's a bit kludgy.
    What I would love to see would be something along these lines:
    * ability in Flow to create or link to an Evernote note (they both have permalink URI's I think)
    * Ability to create…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display Recurring Tasks on Calendar

Currently, the calendar only displays the next iteration of a recurring task. This is useful to keep items off of the calendar, but not useful if I want to look at my monthly calendar and view all planned tasks, some of which recur weekly. I'd like to see the option to "display all" recurring task instances.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we can certainly appreciate wanting to see what tasks are coming up, this isn’t a feature we’re planning on supporting in the immediate future. Though a continuously repeating task may be useful on the calendar, it does create issues in project views. If a task were set to repeat without an end date, your projects would quickly become overwhelmed with the different iterations of one task, making them nearly unusable. It is also likely to affect the overall speed and usability of the app in general, as the app would need to load all those tasks each time you opened it. That said, If we figure out a way around these issues and the demand is great enough, we’ll definitely reconsider!

5. Be able to create a SharePoint Subsite

It would be grate if you can easily create a SharePoint subsite or library with a Flow action.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Need ability to create new tasks in an 'inbox' to triage later

Flow forces new tasks to be created within the project that happens to be open at that moment. Users have to either click "Private Tasks" and then add new task and then navigate BACK to the project they were in, or edit the project name to "Private Tasks". I often don't have enough time to make those changes when capturing tasks. As a result, I capture elsewhere (usually Evernote) and then triage that list by adding tasks to the correct projects in Flow.

Need ability to create new tasks in a generic 'inbox' (for which 'Project' is NOT a required…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Invisible Mode in Chat/DMs (different from Focus)

Having the ability to appear offline (invisible) would be great.

Setting their status to offline would make it so the sender won't expect a response right away but they could still send as many messages as they need to without getting the auto-response from focus mode. The receiver also wouldn't feel pressured to respond right away.

It would also be a great alternative to having to close out of Flow completely. Just click a button and you'll look like you're offline to everyone else.

Yahoo has this feature and, in the past, our company did utilize it regularly.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to note office closure/vacation/holidays on Calendar View

I would be great to note office closure dates, holidays, vacations, etc so that you know NOT to schedule a task to be due those days.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would be great if we can set milestones

Add milestones in the calendar and also be able to attach a milestone to tasks.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t currently have plans to add milestones to Flow. However, if you want to still have milestones for your project, I’d suggest creating a task for it, and adding the tag “Milestone.” Alternatively, you could create Sections for each phase of the project using Kanban View.

10. Print task comment history

Hello There, we would love to be able to take a nice print of the task details. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq1y08fk8x4pgqd/Screenshot%202016-08-17%2013.26.28.png?dl=0

When we finish the task, we would like to print the whole history of the task for our and clients records ; )

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Complete tasks using email

We can use email to create a new task, assign it to people, even add comments and attachments - but we have to log in to actually mark the task as completed. It would be great if we could use email to update the status of our tasks!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Save Sort Settings on Server

I use flow on three computers, on my iPhone and on my iPad. It is _extremely_ tiring to manually sort each list again and again.

At the moment the sort settings in each list is saved locally in the browser. Please, please implement that setting on the server side.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. iOs in-app 'do not disturb' feature

In the iOS app, when push notifications are enabled for incoming tasks - it would be great if users had a 'do not disturb' setting which they could set the parameters for (e.g. 9am-6pm only on weekdays), which would be independent from the device's global 'do not disturb' settings.

This would encourage more users to use push notifications, as they wouldn't be disrupted outside of their active working hours. The incoming notifications could then be pushed to the respective device automatically once the 'do not disturb' period ends.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded

While we don’t have a recurring setting for this yet, we just launched a Focus Mode feature for your Flow account. It lets you set a time span during which all notifications will be held so that you can work without interruption. https://www.getflow.com/blog/2016/07/focus-mode/
    A vacation mode and office hours are still in the works!

14. Description for Quick-Task

Hi

"Quick-Task" is a really great function. ... with one deficit: In our company, nearly every Task needs a Description. Because there is no chance to add the Description via Quick-Task currently, people have to either edit the Task after creation (so Quick-Task becomes useless) or have to put all information in the Title (wich results in ultra-long Titltes :( )

So please add the posibility to add the Description via Quick-Task.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Connected Tasks

I am looking for a project calendar solution where I can create a project timeline and then move multiple tasks at once using dependencies or connected tasts. For example if the start date of the project move back 2 weeks I can just drag the first task back 2 weeks and all the other project tasks move at the same time rather than having to manually move all of the tasks back.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Indication of unchecked subtasks

For the task view under a project there is no way of knowing how many subtasks are in a task unless i click into all the tasks to see if my manager has added any new subtasks or to just to understand how big the task will be

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks! In general, we assume that subtasks will be used as lightweight reminders for tasks. Anything bigger that adds work or needs management (like a due date, discussion, or contributors) should be made into a task.
    We’re trying to hold firm on tasks being the lifeblood of Flow—this’ll free us up to make them more useful.

17. Note Indicator Icon

it would be very helpful when reviewing tasks if there was an indicator icon showing that a task had a note attached to it without having to click on the task to check.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Subscriber groups

There are a lot of tasks that I assign to people and subscribe the same people on a day to day basis.. it would be great to have a subscriber group that I can put people into and then just subscribe that group to tasks...

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a very interesting idea. This could help teams work better together, so we’ll keep this in mind.

19. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Merge Tasks

Sometimes to projects eventually make their way under one umbrella. I'd love to see the ability to pull all of the comments and subtasks from one task and add them to another, condensing the two tasks into one.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While we don’t currently have plans to do this, you can always link tasks in a comment for easy reference. Just paste the URL of the other task in the discussion of the new one.

1 2 5 7 9 44 45
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base