How could we improve Flow?

Ability to quickly add new tasks to Flow without having to switch focus to app first

In previous iterations of the Flow app it was possible with a keyboard shortcut to add a new task immediately. The most recent release now requires switching the focus to the app before adding a new task. This makes it difficult to quickly add new tasks when working in other applications.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Noah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jen Pittman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having an app icon in the top menu bar of mac desktop. On click, have dropdown with notifications and tasks. It would help to keep number of windows open down.

• sara helmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the toolbar back as well. I love the full desktop app, but it would be nice to have a quick task entry option - it just better fits the way people work.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Super quick task add that's detached from the Mac App. Similar to what Wunderlist just added to theirs.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not mind not having the toolbar app if I could remove the Flow icon from my dock. I use the Mac app only for quick entry of tasks, and having an icon clutter up my dock for the one or two times a day I use it is annoying. Please give us the option to show it only in the toolbar, and bring back the quick entry form.

• Andrew Somervell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So kind of agree here, except a simple global new task shortcut would suffice without the need for the additional task bar UX :)

• Sven Essbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used this little toolbar app a lot and I don't really like the new "mac app". I used to create my own app with Fluid and use it only for viewing the tasks. For entering the tasks I used the app. The app that does not exists anymore since the update.

Feedback and Knowledge Base