How could we improve Flow?

Auto-Assign Tasks is Unhelpful

Right now - when I create a task, it auto-assigns it to myself. I have to manually click off my name, and then it automatically subscribes me. Which means - every time I "quickly" create a task - I have to click three times to un-assign or re-assign the task. This is cumbersome. I'd suggest automatically assigning & subscribing no-one. Then you can assign people when needed.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
not planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded  · 

Have you tried creating tasks with keyboard shortcuts? Hit enter to create a task, then tab through the fields to reassign or remove people. Alternatively, create tasks from the center pane of Unassigned, and you won’t need to remove the assignee.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are good work arounds - but it still doesn't get at the root problem - even if I use Keyboard shortcuts, I'm still required to unassign myself every time. It's better - but still not ideal. I can't imagine that the use-case for task creation would require the largest user base to need to auto-assign tasks to themselves - especially if project managers or creative directors are using this software to communicate with teams.

Feedback and Knowledge Base