How could we improve Flow?

Text formatting in task descriptions is painfully bad

Pasting unformatted text in to the OSX app doesn't seemed to be respected (i.e. nothing happens). Also the general formatting of text is a nightmare. Can't seem to indent bullet points to multiple levels for example. The pop-up format bar only appears when text is highlighted which seems awkward.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alex Gemmell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
not planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded  · 

Hey, trying to get to the bottom of this. I just tested pasting into the Mac app, and it worked. Could you provide more details about that?

As for multiple indents, that’s not something we plan to offer with the visual editor—I would consider using bolding to separate sections or switching to the markdown editor (via Account Preferences > Text Editor)

Is there anything else that isn’t working or that you’d like to see? Thanks!

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gary K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alex - I found this tool to help with formatting my tasks better. I compose my message in Texts and then copy/paste into the Flow ticket. It allows you to have multiple indents, tables, etc. Much easier to work in that than using Flow's compose window or learning markdown. It's a lifesaver:

http://www.texts.io/

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having difficulty using different formatting options within the same message. For example, I'd like to have a bulleted list of three items and descriptions. The items themselves should be bolded, and the descriptions may include italics, or strikethroughs, or underlines. Are there plans to iterate on the current rich text formatting of posts/messages?

Feedback and Knowledge Base