How could we improve Flow?

Assign project owner/lead

When creating a new project, it makes sense (and other apps such as Asana support the ability to) designating a Project Owner, who is responsible for the completion of the project (and potentially for outlining the required tasks and assigning them to the relevant people). However, we can't seem to find a method of doing something similar in Flow.

Are we missing something, or thinking about things in the wrong way? Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    not planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded  · 

This is something we’ve talked about both as a team and the makers of this product. As it stands, with project notes at your disposal, you can mention the project owner in the note for the project. I’m wondering if there is anything more you’d want from a project owner? What would help them do their job better?

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • eileen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature and its definitely something we need. As mentioned by Ben, we work in a similar way at our standups and it would be great to be able to filter project owner responsibility. The workload tab is useful when needing to see a list of tasks however would be very beneficial to have a project owner workload view as well or some other way of filtering on project owner.

• Ben Zitney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How this would help: It's your Monday team meeting and you want to review your team's projects. You have the project dashboard up. You can go around the room to each person and say "Bill, how are your projects going?" then quickly click the "Project owner = Bill" filter to show only the projects Bill's responsible for, and then he could walk through each.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cyrus, It looks like this is a feature that has been commented on for almost 2 years. It is something that our company would really find useful. Are there any updates on the possibility of this being implemented in a future update? Thanks1

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes being able to see which projects are my responsibility so that i can check in on them and reorganise the tasks within them with the team would be very useful!

• Mike Creuzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is needed for any company who deals with large amounts of projects. This is like the Scrum leader in agile. It needs to be defined so that way I can see "all projects I am in charge of".

Please re-evaluate the status of this not being planned.

• Si commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just began to evaluate Flow and this is a significant flaw in any Project Management tool.
        Thee has to be an easy identifiable Project Owner..

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like myself, and everyone who is leading a project, to quickly see a list of all the projects they are responsible for. Is this achievable somehow using project notes?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Feedback and Knowledge Base