How could we improve Flow?

Custom per-user email address for email to Flow

Emailing a task to Flow can only be done from an email address verified for a user. This prevents directing in emails from another system to Flow.

For instance, we are using Smooch.io to collect user feedback on an iOS app, and would like each email notification from Smooch to be turned into a task in Flow. We cannot control the sender address from Smooch but could give it a designation email address like:
ASDFK697SDFHJKSD8789SDJKHKSADF8-tasks@getflow.com

This unique token would be tied to our user account, just like our sender addresses are. Furthermore, in the event that any unwanted tasks were somehow being sent to this address in the future, the token should be able to be revoked in Flow and a new one issued to the user at that time.

I have used such a system with web services to good effect, and it has never led to any issues. This would be a great boost to easy integration of a number of external services with Flow.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Duncan Babbage shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ian Weir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if this was around when you submitted this idea, but this functionality exists now. I had to ask support about it, but they were able to easily set me up with a tokenized destination address.

Feedback and Knowledge Base