Project Level Communication
For us it's very important to discuss on Project Level.
So a Project-Chat would be very nice.
Yes, we could just create a Chatroom for each Project, but this is not verry comfortable.
- in the Project-View, there should be a "Chat-Icon"
- the first click on this icon automaticaly creates a (special) Chatroom with same settings as the project (private/public; involved people/subscribers) and opens it in the right pane of the project view
- once the Project-Chatroom is created, the Chat should be displayed in the right-pane of the Project-View (if no task is selected) (maybe, in the Chatroom-List, too)
- settings, subscribers/chatmembers should be synchonized
- when the project is completed, the chat should automaticaly be hidden
We may do this next year, and already have designs for it. There are a handful of other exciting things pushing this out and it doesn’t have an exact spot on our roadmap yet.
josh perkins commented
Any chance this could be implemented soon. Would love to be able to chat about the project without having to create a to-do just to chat.
We would like to have som kind of feed for/in each projects, to post comments, notes and chat. Right now we have a separate chat channel for each of the projects, but this is no good solution. We would like to see this feed in the same window as we have tasks, files and description of the projects - like a project dashboard.
I hope this is possible in the future.