How could we improve Flow?

Guest/Client Pricing

We're a team of 10, and have about 25 - 40 clients at a time. Would love to invite our clients to the projects, but usually, clients have multiple stakeholders and it becomes price prohibitive. I would love to see an updated pricing structure that doesnt discourage organizations to utilize the tool to its full potential. I understand that seats are a common method for pricings, since when the tool is meant for internal teams, the a seat usualyally equals a salary, and therefore is a good metric for what the organization can afford. However, the number of clients doesnt play by the same logic. An organization might have 50 clients that generate less revenue than an organization with 1 client.

I think that accounting for free/discounted guest/client users would encourage organizations to utilize the tool as its intended without supplementing it with additional tools.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Peter Humphrey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  Jesse Herlitz responded  · 

This is important to us. We’re gonna do it.

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Miko Magni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jesse,

In the same boat as everyone else.

While flow has become part of our team workflow the pricing for clients is non competitive.

Do you have an ETA for guest pricing?

Cheers,
    Miko

• The Sirius Library commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a NFP, we would like this option too. Has this been scheduled to create/implement yet? If so, is there a date when it will become active?

If this option was available to us now, we would be able to sign up more of colleagues to paid flow accounts, as they would be able invite the others outside of the NFP, who are involved on the project to be able to see their tasks and acknowledge when done. This would save us so much time.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a nonprofit with a team of 10 staff who work with hundreds of clients and volunteers. Would be great to use Flow with/for them, but cannot even begin to consider paying for them.

• Mike Creuzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We work in an environment with lots of companies. I have to have enough seats for them at all times. Some companies want 5-10+ people in on the project. But our employee list is smaller, like 15.

So I need to keep some 50+ seats active and this is pricing me out.

Slack does not charge for single-channel guests. They charge for people who have access to more than one channel (more than one project here). Trello also only charges for team members, not people invited in to a particular board.

Please fix this pricing issue, it would make you far more competitive and unlikely to change your bottom dollar.

• Brett VanTil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here here. This just gave me pause to continue using this as our primary platform. Hoping this rolls out soon!

• Garreth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think this would be a great improvement as I work for a charity and there is just no way we would be able to afford adding guest members as priced seats.

Basecamp already has this feature as "looping someone in on email" but this becomes very confusing when trying to reply to tasks using just emails, especially if the task thread is long - restriced guest only access would be much better

Feedback and Knowledge Base