How could we improve Flow?

Calendar events

I'd like to enter dates into the calendar without it being a task. Will that be possible?

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Robert Cordes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is holding Flow back from being a general communication tool for the team (what dates mean what, without the mess of tasks) is really important.

I agree with @Gary and @Mahl for marking key dates as well as personnel holiday/availability time. Even on a basic level

• Ville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's critical in a lot of use cases to track important project events (meetings, milestones, etc.. ) that are not tasks ... Basecamp 3 allows this and it is very useful.

Biggest value to a tool like this for distributed and busy teams with a lot of work is having a single source of truth for critical project information that everyone needs to know to ensure success.

This is definitely a part of that.

• Mahi Klosterhalfen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider reviewing this. It's a possible deal breaker. We need a calendar for each employee (that can be switched on/off) to see who's on holidays etc.

I would like to be able to add recurring dates like choosing the 1st Monday of the month. Currently, if you have tasks either on the 1st of the month (which could be a Sunday - and then move it) or every 4th Monday - which is not a full month. It seems bizarre that you can't do this as so many tasks recur like this? Please vote if you agree!

• Gerrilyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is huge. Might be a deal breaker on our company purchasing a subscription with Flow.

• Jeannie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Might this be reconsidered? That ability and functionality is the one thing that might keep me using Basecamp instead of making the switch. Their calendar capabilities are great for planning our marketing calendar. Would love to see that ability here. Love everything else I'm seeing.

• Daniel Yoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do consider this, as it removes few extra steps of going back and forth between google calendar and flow.

• Josh Gilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We think United States Holidays should be added to the calendar with a toggle for on/off. As we setup advertising and manager tasks, it would be great to quickly see and know that info.

• Garry Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed this would be a useful feature, to add company holidays, financial close and blackout days to.

Has this potentially been revived? It would be really useful to schedule events in the calendar.

• Deon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is not good. So what if i want to put a 7 day event into calendar? Or include travel dates? Or show who is not available and who is available. This is what Flow is lacking and it's upsetting this is not going to be integrated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base