How could we improve Flow?

Custom Today View (Marking tasks for "Today" or "Working on")

Maybe I haven't discovered how to do this on the new Flow Beta, but here is something I have always wanted.

Because Flow doesn't have a "Today" concept, I manually flag tasks I need to work on today, and so I am always using the "Flagged" view. I also have lots of items that might become due today as well, but they live under "Upcoming", and I rather work from one view, so I then have to manually flag them so they are seen under "Flagged".

It would be nice for an option when assigning a task a date, to say something like "Automatically Flag this item when it becomes due"

84 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded  · 

We are working towards creating a great way to plan your day. We see the need to be able to look through the tasks on your plate so that you know what’s next. You’ll be the first to know when we’re digging into the details.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hanhsi Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with Danny's idea, be able to drag a task and add it to a specific time in this Working on calendar work greatly help the daily workflow. Hope this will happen soon !

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to assign tasks that span multiple days - we often have projects that will occupy someone for multiple days (for instance a business trip). when looking at a bird's eye view of our team on calendar view, it would be great to see who is out for a stretch of time, rather than making individual tasks for each day they are out. Would provide a much more fluid way of looking at our team's bandwidth for a given week.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't really work with due dates or start dates for my tasks. I may have a presentation due on Friday, but the actual tasks that I need to get it done aren't due on Friday. At least that's not how I work. I would like to be able to drag a task and add it to a specific time in this Working on calendar. Then I can plan my actual day within Flow. I don't have to go out to another app to actually schedule my tasks.

It would also be nice if it could sync with google calendar so I can see lunch meetings, appointments, etc. That way I don't schedule a task during a meeting with a client.

Please see attached sketch.

Thanks,

Danny

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great - I often have to cycle through my calendar and flagged tasks to try and get through my actions. Or perhaps have the option of flagged items appearing in the calendar?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Rob Blankenship
        The idea of a focus area called "overdue" doesnt really work, since I have a lot of adhoc tasks that I don't want/need to assign a date to.

However, the idea of custom "Focus Areas" is really interesting, and could solve this, and a lot of other issues. Interested to see how the folks at Flow address this.

• Rob Blankenship commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about adding a focus area labeled "overdue"? This might accomplish the task. One other method is for you to be able to set certain filters (tags, dates, keywords, etc) and then save it as a focus. By doing this you build a single functionality that could be customized to the exact needs of the end users - by the end users...

Feedback and Knowledge Base