How could we improve Flow?

Move tasks between teams

We really need to be able to *easily* move TASKS between teams - e.g. drag and drop them or select and change the team. This should be able to be locked down by user if they don’t have access to a team - but it’s too easy to create a task in the wrong team and then have to fiddle around to move it

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Baeyens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Jesse; truly looking forward. How will the moving of tasks between teams be announced when available in January?

Thanks Jesse; truly looking forward. How will the moving of tasks betwene teams be announced when available in January?

• J. Baeyens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really a dealbreaker. Impossible now to move easily a task between teams. January last year (18 months ago) the VP of Flow they started designing this feature. 18 months later no update. Flow: please make this happen !

• J. Baeyens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really a dealbreaker. Impossible now to move easily a task between teams. January last year (18 months ago) the VP of Flow they started designing this feature. 18 months later no update. Flow: please make this happen !

• David Blevins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setup flow maybe 30 minutes ago. Checked out the slack integration. UI looks great. Found this limitation. Filed in 2013? I'm a startup, so it guts me to say it, but the lack of resources more than the lack of the feature scares me a bit. I know how that fight goes -- you never have resources if people don't chose you because you don't have resources.

I'll continue our evaluations and check back periodically.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to see this implemented, I can't work out how to move something between teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin: What is the update on this? It is now a year after design began and we are still grappling with a simple way to move tasks along.

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also like an update on this since design work began a year ago. Right now, the lack of this feature severely impedes are ability to take full advantage of teams.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just starting and in the trial period. Also bumped on the need to change tasks assignment between teams. Has this been done? If so, may I suggest that you make it easier to find :)

• Jackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flow - I'm new (trialling software) and this is a major flaw. There has been no update on a fix that I can see on this thread for quite some time. It's obvious it's needed when can we expect a solution please?

An absolute must !! When architecture finnished their part, the task needs to move on to engineering; this is today not possible (move a task from one team to another). Please Flow, make this a priority.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company uses the email to flow feature extensively. We have about 8 departments which are set up as different teams. Our "traffic controller" has all requests auto forwarded to tasks@getflow.com from one email distribution group. Currently this Private Task can only be routed to one Team. Having the ability to move the task to a different team is a very important feature.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@scott - yep, I'm with you, it's *possible* to achieve the outcome at the moment, but it's not exactly user-friendly... and there's not really a good reason that I can see.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base