How could we improve Flow?

Move tasks between teams

We really need to be able to *easily* move TASKS between teams - e.g. drag and drop them or select and change the team. This should be able to be locked down by user if they don’t have access to a team - but it’s too easy to create a task in the wrong team and then have to fiddle around to move it

181 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • J. Baeyens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really a dealbreaker. Impossible now to move easily a task between teams. January last year (18 months ago) the VP of Flow they started designing this feature. 18 months later no update. Flow: please make this happen !

• J. Baeyens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really a dealbreaker. Impossible now to move easily a task between teams. January last year (18 months ago) the VP of Flow they started designing this feature. 18 months later no update. Flow: please make this happen !

• David Blevins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Setup flow maybe 30 minutes ago. Checked out the slack integration. UI looks great. Found this limitation. Filed in 2013? I'm a startup, so it guts me to say it, but the lack of resources more than the lack of the feature scares me a bit. I know how that fight goes -- you never have resources if people don't chose you because you don't have resources.

I'll continue our evaluations and check back periodically.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to see this implemented, I can't work out how to move something between teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin: What is the update on this? It is now a year after design began and we are still grappling with a simple way to move tasks along.

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also like an update on this since design work began a year ago. Right now, the lack of this feature severely impedes are ability to take full advantage of teams.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just starting and in the trial period. Also bumped on the need to change tasks assignment between teams. Has this been done? If so, may I suggest that you make it easier to find :)

• Jackie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flow - I'm new (trialling software) and this is a major flaw. There has been no update on a fix that I can see on this thread for quite some time. It's obvious it's needed when can we expect a solution please?

• John Baeyens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An absolute must !! When architecture finnished their part, the task needs to move on to engineering; this is today not possible (move a task from one team to another). Please Flow, make this a priority.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company uses the email to flow feature extensively. We have about 8 departments which are set up as different teams. Our "traffic controller" has all requests auto forwarded to tasks@getflow.com from one email distribution group. Currently this Private Task can only be routed to one Team. Having the ability to move the task to a different team is a very important feature.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@scott - yep, I'm with you, it's *possible* to achieve the outcome at the moment, but it's not exactly user-friendly... and there's not really a good reason that I can see.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate to sound like a punk, but... seriously, how is this not possible and "not planned"? Moving Projects between workspaces is clunky enough, but how can I not merely type in a field in Edit mode to change the Workspace for a particular task? I know it's possible when creating a task from the "Overview" Workspace. How many organizations don't DAILY need to move tasks between workspaces, i.e. departments and teams? So we have to either go to a new workspace and create a new task or create a "Tasks to Move" project in every single workspace?! That. Is. Absolutely. Silly. Sorry to sound practically vitriolic. I'm not truly and largely upset, in the whole scheme of things. This isn't a dealbreaker, but it seems like Collaborative Task Management 101 that it should be possible. And this only has 38 votes?! Ok, rant over... I'll let democracy take its course.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...and the function is back.... thanks for getting that back in there.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base