How could we improve Flow?

Offline mode - especially in the app.

I live on planes without wifi. I'd love to be able to at least view existing, mark completed and add tasks while offline. When online, all the syncing and delegation happens. Please!!

369 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  Jesse Herlitz responded  · 

Wanted to let y’all know that some of our earliest efforts at addressing offline access are available in the new iOS app.

- The app is now accessible when offline
- You can now access tasks that have been downloaded when offline.
- You can create tasks when offline, and they’ll get synced when you’re back online.

The new app is a separate download from the old one, so you’ll need to either search for “Flow Tasks” or follow this link to get it:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/flow-tasks/id1434889263

Cheers!

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, get this done! I am considering to swtich from Nozbe to Flow because of the look and the better options to organize large projects. But I really need to be able to sort out my tasks on the road without 3G or WiFi. As long this feature isn't there, I don't see how this app makes my team more productive.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

.... and sorry to the Flow team, but I'm back from another overseas trip - and again had my co-director sitting next to me bitching about why I chose Flow when she can't process her tasks on the flight. Aaaargh... you're killing me with this - come on team it can't be that hard!

Cheers
    Ben

• Josh King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally necessary functionality. Dropbox can do it. Spotify can do it (if I pay). Google Docs can do it.

I love Flow! Let's make this happen!

Still not planned? :(
    This is likely, in my humble opinion, to eventually relegate Flow to second or third division... - you have to be able to access your tasks without an internet connection IF you want Flow to be the tool that let's us "get in the flow" - otherwise I can't trust that I can access it.

I'd give this another 100 votes myself if I could. It essentially means that you can't use for whilst traveling internationally. Which sucks. My new sales manager who is on the road a lot finds that it's too patchy to use flow, especially with the load times - it takes a while to get started when you re open the app. Besides international travel, internet coverage in Australia can be spotty outside of the major cities (it's a big place and not many people...)

• Pedro Wunderlich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea was proposed over a year ago. There's still no offline mode in the iOS app. I fail to see how you guys don't see this as a priority.

• Andrew Somervell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of downtime when you get to plan out your tasks is when you're offline. Flying, at the beach etc. This has been frustrating, I have to type thoughts into something else then transpose when online.

Hmm discovering this to be annoying again.... Currently traveling around Europe and international data roaming charges by Australian telecom's is close to daylight robbery so I'm only able to use flow at my hotels - as my trip is all about visiting and finding new suppliers at trade shows it'd be nice to be able to capture all my tasks to follow up as I go rather than have to enter twice, etc. Etc....

• Ashley Halliday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"capable of supporting something like this" - what a phrase.

The fact is, Flow is great when you have 3G/4G or Wi-fi in your area. But as soon as you lose it - you lose Flow, which means you lose the chance to spend this time 'updating' Flow, but also you lose your 'to-do' list aaaaargh!!

This must be reviewed and supported 'something better than this'

• Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're demoing Todoist and Flow--and didn't realize that offline wasn't an option. This might end up beinga deal breaker; we have spotty reception in our courthouse , and going outside to find our task lists is not really an option.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love an offline function too as I have unreliable internet connectivity where I live.

Not planned? Oh no! That's kind of suckful... Especially if you happen to live somewhere with lousy data connectivity (hello to all the other Australians out there!) or for those of us that travel a lot...
    I'd ask for this to be reconsidered as well.

Also, agree with @Tony Friday, if there's a way that the new Flow does support something like offline use, please let us know.

Cheers
    BC

• Nilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here - killer feature if we switch to flow or not, love the interface and functionalities but offline is a must ...

• Doug L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agreement with the others here. I spend a lot of time out of touch with wifi/cell -- overseas and in some rural "outback" areas too. I just spent the entire evening transferring everything to Flow, then, to test, I turned "Airplane mode" on for my iphone and -- bam - then I realized there wasn't an offline mode. I'm coming over from DropTask tonight and their iOS app DOES support offline editing. Please reconsider this and bump it up in your programming priorities... please.

• Corey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature alone would give me the leverage I need to get our team to switch from Asana.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge win. Even though it isn't planned, is it at least the ultimate goal?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, offline mode would keep me using flow, rather than trying to use team workarounds todoist, omnifocus, things, or wunderlist. It's still not clear to me how the current version supports it – and it would be so good to be able to organise tasks while on a flight.

Please reconsider changing 'not planned' to 'we're working on it'. Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base