How could we improve Flow?

Offline mode - especially in the app.

I live on planes without wifi. I'd love to be able to at least view existing, mark completed and add tasks while offline. When online, all the syncing and delegation happens. Please!!

369 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  Jesse Herlitz responded  · 

Wanted to let y’all know that some of our earliest efforts at addressing offline access are available in the new iOS app.

- The app is now accessible when offline
- You can now access tasks that have been downloaded when offline.
- You can create tasks when offline, and they’ll get synced when you’re back online.

The new app is a separate download from the old one, so you’ll need to either search for “Flow Tasks” or follow this link to get it:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/flow-tasks/id1434889263

Cheers!

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tony Friday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi flow team,
    Offline access (even if just to add new tasks and mark existing ones as complete) would be an enormous help. We use flow within a government setting, and spend a lot of time travelling overseas. It is our single largest drawback for Flow.
    Regards
    Tony

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rediscovering the frustration of this right now.

I have to agree with Stuart - I'm currently overseas and whilst I have wi-fi connectivity in my hotel, yesterday I was with a client and tried to quickly tap a few tasks into my iPhone, but of course was unable to. I'd forgotten about this and was a little frustrated.
    To me, it would only have to be in the app (although a local database version maybe one day).
    When travelling is the real killer - global roaming data costs are huge and I don't want to have to switch on global roaming just to add a task; it's meant to be seamless and flow nicely.
    I'd happily have to make the decision that I'm creating offline tasks and with the understanding that I can't delegate or subscribe others etc - but I'd want to be able to capture the basic task wherever I am.

Cheers
    Ben

• Stuart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should reconsider the "not planned" status, as this is a real limitation for your application (vs Wunderlist, for example). Like the original poster, I also don't see how your current release supports this functionality (I'm a new user, so I don't know what else was out there).

• Alison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know you said this isn't planned but it would be awesome. I am also sometimes separated from my beloved wifi!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Luke, thanks for the speedy reply. I'm using what I believe to be the latest Flow. When you say you recently relaunched it - does that mean I should be able to add talks when I'm on a plane? Currently it just gives me a blank splash page saying 'Flow if offline, please go online' with no other functionality. I can't even see existing tasks which is kind of a pest when I could be knocking them off while airborne. Thanks.

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base