How could we improve Flow?

Option to automatically subscribe to all tasks

We are using Flow to keep our organization notified and on the same page for the various projects that we share.

Currently members do not receive notifications unless each individual subscribes to each task.

This requires MUCH fiddling and paying attention to stay on top of things to make sure you are subscribed to everything.

Making this worse:
1. You can't subscribe at the list level, you have to subscribe to each task individually
2. You can't subscribe a team or group of people, each person has to be entered individually
3. You can't select multiple tasks at once and subscribe people
4. The interface to edit tasks is EXTREMELY click heavy

Support mentioned using the Dashboard as a work around, but that is Pull and not Push. Also, I find the Dashboard view too busy and hard to read for the information that I want to see. It is exhausting and daunting to scan the Dashboard at the end or beginning of a day. (The Dashboard is a great idea, but I think the Dashboard needs some work on how information is presented and formatted, and perhaps the ability to filter it for type of update?)

I understand that not all organizations will want all people to receive notifications for everything, so this feature should be configurable per organization (or perhaps even per team member).

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joel Anderson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded  · 

This is something we plan to do. We’ll be starting by allowing Project subscription, to better follow the happenings in a single Project.

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ian Weir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to use the Flow API to make this functionality for myself. I created a web hook for a given project using the Flow API, which triggers an AWS Lambda function which uses the Flow API to update the task and add some particular users to the subscribers for that task. If anyone is interested I could probably throw a sample up on GitHub, but you'd need to be somewhat familiar with AWS for it to be much help.

• Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm stopping Flow usage because of lack of this feature and absence of task due times.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been done yet? I stopped using flow specifically because of not being able to subscribe at the project level, and I would come back to it if I could.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any sense on when this will be available? Very important. Specifically being able to subscribe to entire projects.

• Bill Ridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having some sort of setting on the project to automatically subscribe to new tasks added would be great.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More power to the list I say.... Being able to replicate down from the list would be nice.

• Ben Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. We're using lists for general discussions and it would be nice to subscribe at the list level or even the group level.

Feedback and Knowledge Base