How could we improve Flow?

Numbering Tasks - Templates

My team uses a lot of templates. For example, when we get a new client, this list of tasks needs to be completed. The order of these tasks is KEY in successful completion of the process. It would be nice if we could number the tasks in the list and they would stay in order.

Right now, we simply add numbers to the title of the task (1.A, 1.B, etc.) but then as soon as we change the order in which the list is sorted, they become totally out of order. Another issue with this manual method is that when I want to add a task into the middle of the list, I have to re-number everything behind it.

Thank you for your consideration!

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stacie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
not planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded  · 

We don’t plan to prefix numbers in any task view, but the “List, manually” view maintains its sort. So if you need to see the project in sequence, that’s the way to go. Thanks for your suggestion!

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another way might be to have dependency between tasks - so that, say, the subsequent tasks are greyed out until such time as the current task is completed. Could be a special type of list - say, linear and non-linear or whatever.

• Stacie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this feature? We have our fingers crossed that you will approve it. Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base