How could we improve Flow?

Time added to Harvest should show as a comment in a task

The Harvest integration works seamlessly, but I don't have a way to refer to time that may have been added to a task in the past, without opening Harvest and clicking on the project or date.

I need to see time added to Harvest as a comment in the Flow task, e.g. "Harvest time tracking for [Harvest Client], [Harvest Project], [Harvest Task], [HH:MM] logged."

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Christopher Pett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Justen Holter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great so long as there's a way to keep this information in sync with Harvest. Our team is constantly adjusting time spent (forgetting timers) etc... If Harvest integration showed up as a special area of a task, and not inline to comments, I think that would be a great way to keep things tidy.

• Drew McChesney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an issue I'm running into as well. The time tracking integration is wonderfully implemented. The only area where I'm having a problem is remembering if I turned off a timer or which one is currently running. Something as simple as have a bar in the dashboard showing current running timers (if one or more are running) would be very helpful.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Harvest integration is great, but I can already tell that while I'm working on a task, I'm going to click away from the task with the running timer, and then I'm going to have some trouble figuring out which task has the time still going. I see the timer icon at the top of the task pane, but the task row should be highlighted or have a time icon next to it for when I'm looking at all of my tasks at once. This way if I navigate away from the task with the running timer, I can quickly go back and stop it without having to click through several tasks.

Also, I have taken to using the Tag space for storing the charge entry in Harvest. It would be nice to assign an actual Harvest entry to the task so that anyone can simply click the time tracker icon and see which Harvest entry I want them to charge their time to.

Feedback and Knowledge Base