How could we improve Flow?

View previous months and older tasks in calendar

It would be great to see previous months in the calendar view, to track the progress of a project, since some projects span multiple months or begin towards the end of the month.

Currently I can't even see the 1st of *this* month, because it is part of last week, and last week has days that are in last month.

In this vein, if this were possible, it would be nice to set due dates in the past for completed tasks. If tasks are easy to complete, we don't always think to add a due date before completion, but it still would be nice to get them on the calendar somehow.

I'm imagining something as simple ad adding a link at the top that says "show previous months", similar to the "show more weeks" link at the bottom. Or you could have previous months preloaded above, but have the scroll position start at the current month when the calendar view loads.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew Fiorillo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
not planned  ·  AdminJessie Jones (Customer Support, Flow) responded  · 

Thanks for your comment. We push the overdue tasks to the current date so they are visible to you after there due dates pass. Otherwise they are kind of lost back there ;) The due date doesn’t change – so you are always able to view the original due date. This keeps the calendar load times to a minimum.

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, being able to look back is crucial. I was hoping to use this to map out my marketing campaigns, but if there is no way to look back at the months and see what was done, it will probably not be something I can continue with.

• Andrew Fiorillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really appreciate the response, but I don't think it totally addresses my request.

I definitely understand why you'd want to carry incomplete tasks along so they don't get lost, but my request was to be able to look back at the calendar to see when previous tasks were completed. Without this, all the progress on a project is kind of lost back there ;)

As it is, we've just resorted to being diligent about manually recording these events elsewhere so we refer to them later. And as for load times, surely this can't be a huge technical hurdle, especially with a team as capable as yours.

I humbly request you reconsider.

• AdminShara (Admin, Flow) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Amelia,

Thanks for your comment. We push the overdue tasks to the current date so they are visible to you after there due dates pass. Otherwise they are kind of lost back there ;) The due date doesn't change - so you are always able to view the original due date.

• Amelia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the tasks that are set on the calendar didn't get pushed to the following day when delayed; to keep tasks locked in the due date even if it hasn't been executed on the due date.

Feedback and Knowledge Base