How could we improve Flow?

Mention tasks in chat

My favorite part of being able to create a task in chat is that the task appears right in the conversation.

It would useful for my team to be able to mention tasks in the chat view for tasks that already exist.

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ben shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be pretty darn helpful... At the moment the chat and tasks are too disconnected.

B.

• Justen Holter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

When chatting (and commenting) we're constantly talking about existing tasks, but there's no quick way to reference (link) those tasks directly in the chat (or comment). You can quickly search and see the task in the right hand panel, but I can't copy a link. When choosing "Copy Location", it gives a location for the search state, and not the actual task.

The ability to quickly link to tasks within comments and chats would be very beneficial as our chat's begin to revolve around tasks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly! That would be super useful. Like, “Shara, how is this task *amazing link to a graveyard task* doing?“

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be lovely to be able to quote a task inside the chat window (not only create a new one)

Feedback and Knowledge Base