How could we improve Flow?

provide a field for 'estimated' time.

this would be really helpful for preparing and planning on workload.

76 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul Usher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ken Reddick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still hoping to be able to add a time to a task then filter by task times. I ofter use blocks of 2 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, 30 min and 60 min. Any task longer than 60 min can generally be broken into subtasks. I'd love to be able to see all my 2 min tasks to I can just blast through all those in one go. Thanks for listening (again)

• Tw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is critical for a checklist app to be used in professional environment - but if you guys at least added a clear path / easy to use - integration to do so - that would make all the difference.

• Ian Nerney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a critical part of making your product have a wider appeal. The ability to manage cost is core focus of project management that is not currently addressed in your platform. Please get this in the works. :)

• Ken Reddick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Part of the GTD method is to assign estimated time for tasks and subtasks. For example, anything under 2 minutes should be done right away. This is how I always work. Currently I am adding time to the name, but I can't filter by this value or visually see clearly what are shorter or longer tasks. I would add a default colour to the lengths of tasks perhaps. I'd have a quick checkbox for 2 min, 10 min, 30 min 60 min. Any taks longer than 60 min can usually be and should be broken down into subtasks. Thanks for listening!

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One thing I thought was useful in Asana was the ability to add a time amount (often hours) to a given task, for example:

[1 hr] Do something awesome
    [3 hr] Do another awesome thing

If you were to highlight multiple lines, you could see a sum of the hours entered within the [] format for the highlighted lines (in the above example, 4 hours). I believe this calculator feature would be nice for many teams.

Feedback and Knowledge Base