Flow

Welcome to the Flow Feedback forum. We’d like to hear your feedback and ideas about how to improve Flow. Post, browse, and vote on ideas and suggestions that are important to you.

Please report any bugs or errors you run into at our Support Center.

How could we improve Flow?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Option to choose default landing page

Would like to be able to choose which page I see by default when logging into Flow

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While there isn’t a way to select a default on which to land each time you log into the app, the app will remember the last page you were on when you were last in the app. So if you spend a lot of time in one view (or all your time in one view) the app should drop you there each time you open Flow.

2. Starred tasks

I'd love to be able to star certain tasks and have them float to the top of each list. For example, we have a recurring task each month where we add social fodder to share on our social channels, and I find myself looking through a lot of tasks each time I want to find it. I wish I could have that one stay permanently at the top!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded

There are a few ways to get tasks to float to the top. You can flag it if it’s for your own personal reference; you can set a near due date and sort your views by due date; you can manually drag the task to the top of its list; or, you can create a section in its project for important tasks. Do any of those solve your problem? (/are you still having this problem?)

Update: in addition to the solutions above, we’re working on a long term solution to the scheduling and ordering of tasks. Thanks again for suggesting this!

3. Google Drive Team Drive Support

Please allow access to Google Team Drives as well. All of our team files are shared in Google Team Drive, so the current Google Drive integration for us doesn't do anything.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. print your calendar

can you please provide an option so the task calendar (monthly view) can be printed out?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Onedrive Support

We would like to be able to attach document from Microsoft OneDrive.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Collapse Sections

One of the reasons i leave ASANA is because they cant provide this simple feature. If a project have 10 sections with 30 tasks, it is unmanageable.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include link to Gmail forwarded email

When forwarding an email from Gmail - it'd be great to have a link back to the original Gmail message. Given that gmail messages all have their own URL this could be feasible (?). This would be great for those tasks where you want someone else to respond to an enquiry etc.

Cheers
    Ben

...or maybe for extra points: be able to compose a reply directly in Flow. That'd be awesome

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded

As cool as that would be, we don’t have plans to improve our Gmail integration in that way.

8. Display Subtasks in Dashboard

I am not sure why but I don't see any subtasks I complete in the dashboard. Because we use the subtask feature a lot, it's a shame not to see it in the dashboard.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Assign multiple people to a task

Would be great if it was possible to assign multiple people to a task or project. Right now we're working around this by assigning someone to the main project and then other people to subtasks... But its not ideal!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dropdown list for teams, lists etc

When selecting a team, list etc. it’d be nice to get a drop down list without having to guess the name of the item. This is especially the case when there’re lots of lists.
    cheers
    Ben

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, there are no plans to fix this currently, but we’ll watch this request and listen to other sources for this coming up again.

11. Get Planner task comments, attachments and labels through flow

It would be great, if Planner task comments, attachments and labels can be retrieved through flow.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dashboard should only summarise activity

Dashboard seems to be a total waste. It displays absolutely everything, regardless of whether it’s useful or not, which is not practical.

Dashboard should provide a general overview of ONLY RECENTY ACTIVITY, not EVERYTHING, including fully formatted long notes in comments (because there’s no way to create/edit text files in Flow).

Show ONLY what actually happened recently, i.e.:

“James commented on INSERT TASK NAME HERE.”

instead of

“James commented…”
    “James attached a file…”
    “James completed…"

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  Cyrus Molavi responded

Dashboard improvements are actively in progress. We’ll let you know when we have something to show. Thanks for the suggestion!

13. Text formatting in task descriptions is painfully bad

Pasting unformatted text in to the OSX app doesn't seemed to be respected (i.e. nothing happens). Also the general formatting of text is a nightmare. Can't seem to indent bullet points to multiple levels for example. The pop-up format bar only appears when text is highlighted which seems awkward.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, trying to get to the bottom of this. I just tested pasting into the Mac app, and it worked. Could you provide more details about that?

As for multiple indents, that’s not something we plan to offer with the visual editor—I would consider using bolding to separate sections or switching to the markdown editor (via Account Preferences > Text Editor)

Is there anything else that isn’t working or that you’d like to see? Thanks!

14. Add a group-owned Forms connector

We already have a Forms connector, but it doesn't allow you to access group-owned Forms. I have several use cases that would benefit from having the ability to trigger a Flow based on responses in a group-owned Form.

Thanks!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Time added to Harvest should show as a comment in a task

The Harvest integration works seamlessly, but I don't have a way to refer to time that may have been added to a task in the past, without opening Harvest and clicking on the project or date.

I need to see time added to Harvest as a comment in the Flow task, e.g. "Harvest time tracking for [Harvest Client], [Harvest Project], [Harvest Task], [HH:MM] logged."

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notification Badge on Home Screen for IOS

I am part of the team who is currently using this app, I have noticed that the activities you have not read or reviewed, yet to do, or conversation updates, do not appear on the “pending red ball with numbers” aka notification badge on the home screen in IOS.

This is really important, since it lets me know of any activities I need to enter the app to check, otherwise it’s like nothing has happened so the app is not opened, as an employee this feature helps me see all activities that need my attention and encourages the use and…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While we still don’t have plans to add notification badges to our app icons, we’ve improved push notifications to be more flexible and meaningful. Hopefully this helps teammates choose the best times to open Flow while mobile. You’re now able to have more finely controlled settings on iOS: https://www.getflow.com/blog/2016/07/focus-mode/

17. Auto-Assign Tasks is Unhelpful

Right now - when I create a task, it auto-assigns it to myself. I have to manually click off my name, and then it automatically subscribes me. Which means - every time I "quickly" create a task - I have to click three times to un-assign or re-assign the task. This is cumbersome. I'd suggest automatically assigning & subscribing no-one. Then you can assign people when needed.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried creating tasks with keyboard shortcuts? Hit enter to create a task, then tab through the fields to reassign or remove people. Alternatively, create tasks from the center pane of Unassigned, and you won’t need to remove the assignee.

18. Assigning multiple people to one task

Assign multiple people to one task

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adding sections in private tasks

It'd be great if you could divide private tasks into sections as well.
    That way, you can keep some personal things as well as work related things there, or seperate into seperate projects or ideas... or whatever you can think of.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great idea! For now, you can make a project private and sections will be there for you "_

20. Standalone Mac App

Are there any plans to have a non browser based app?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    not planned  ·  Luke Seeley responded

We do not have any plans at this point for a native Mac app. If demand swells or we determine there are benefits that outweigh the development time/cost, you can be sure we’ll consider it.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base